• Mortgage delinquencies fell again in August and are now down 5.7 percent over the past two monthsAccording to Black Knight's First Look report for August, the percent of loans delinquent decreased 2.4% in August compared to July, and decreased 10.4% year-over-year.
• This marks the strongest such decline during July-August on record, since before 2000
• Foreclosure starts also eased in August and are now more than 12 percent below last year’s level
• Delinquencies resulting from 2017’s hurricanes continue to decline – just 25,100 remain in the mainland U.S.
• Some 391,000 homeowners with mortgages were located in Hurricane Florence’s evacuation area, with an estimated 283,000 in the 18 North Carolina counties declared disaster areas so far by FEMA
|Black Knight: Percent Loans Delinquent and in Foreclosure Process|
|Number of properties:|
|Number of properties that are delinquent, but not in foreclosure:||1,818,000||1,861,000||2,003,000||2,151,000|
|Number of properties in foreclosure pre-sale inventory:||280,000||293,000||385,000||527,000|